- Beachs in Santa Marta
- Cabo de la Vela
- Indigenous Backpacks
- Indigenous Culture
- Pilon de Azucar
- Salinas de Manaure
- The Guajira
- Tours on Deserts
Cabo de la Vela Tour – Guajira
Cabo de la Vela is a wonderful tourist destination at La Guajira Department and located in the northern part of the continent of South America, without a doubt is the most special place to observe in detail a magnificent sunset, and one of the most enchanting natural landscapes of all Colombia.
With a natural scenery full of culture, magic and indigenous customs and an imposing natural beauty typical of this desert ecosystem, it also has a special atmosphere around it because it is one of the most sacred places for the Wayuu ethnic group.
During the Cabo de la Vela Tour you can find magical places such as Salinas de Manaure, El Pilón de Azúcar and La Playa Dorada where you can see natural landscapes with plateaus, rocky cliffs and dunes right on the seashore with a panoramic view from your lighthouse.
In this place you can find and observe natural landscapes with plateaus, rocky cliffs and dunes right on the seashore with a panoramic view from its lighthouse.
|PLACE OF DEPARTURE||Santa Marta, Colombia.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at 4:30 AM to the indicated meeting point for an early departure.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately at 5:30 PM in the last day of the tour.|
The Guajira – Cabo de la Vela Tour
Day 1 - Departure
You leave at approximately 4:30 am from your place of lodging or meeting point in Santa Marta to Riohacha capital of The Guajira, Department, where you can enjoy a breakfast of the region and immediately begin a panoramic tour on the promenade for observing the culture and the beautiful Wayuu crafts of the region.After interacting with the indigenous Wayuu culture, you will be going to Manaure salt mines, there you will have a guided and detailed tour to know the whole process of the production of salt, then we continue with our trip to Cabo de la Vela.We arrive approximately at noon at Cabo de la Vela, here you will take a typical lunch of the region and right after that a well-deserved rest. Then you go to Pilon de Azucar and the Playa Dorada, these are places that decorate this desert region and where you can enjoy a refreshing swim in the sea, at the end of the afternoon you will visit the lighthouse where you will be able to appreciate a beautiful Guajira’s sunset and listen to your guide the history of Cabo de la Vela, and then to return to rancheria or place of lodging, where you will have dinner and rest in comfortable hammocks (Hammocks of the Wayuu Culture).
Day 2 - Return
We start the day with breakfast at approximately 07:30 am and right after that you go to Uribía, an important hamlet of the region, inhabited mostly by the Indigenous Community Wayuu , here you will make a panoramic tour and then we will be headed to the Special, Tourist and Cultural District of Riohacha, here we will take a typical lunch of this region, and then get ready and come back to where everything started in Santa Marta.
Note : The Itinerary the tour to the Guajira – Cabo de la Vela varies depending on the weather conditions and land transportation means.
Important Information for Cabo de la Vela Tour
Carry only the essentials, since weight is a determining factor when traveling, make sure to return all trash that you generated back to Santa Marta.
Do not damage the natural or cultural assets of Cabo de la Vela, and respect the privacy of other tourists.
At Cabo de la Vela and during the tour there is no mobile phone signal, so tell your family and friends that you can only communicate with them once you return from your this tour.
During the day the weather is very hot, so we recommend wearing comfortable swimwear, shirts and shorts; There is also the presence of mosquitoes and other insects, important to wear long pants and long sleeves to protect us from insects.
What to take to Cabo de la Vela Tour
|You can carry with you a small backpack||Photographic Camera|
|Resistant sandals.||Hat or Cap.|
|Plastic bags for garbage.||Vaccine against yellow fever.|
|To book this tour per person, a deposit equivalent to 20% of the total value of the tour is required, through our web payment gateway, the remaining 80% must be canceled at our Wiwa Tours office, the same day we left for Cabo de la Vela.|
|As a fundamental requirement to book the Tour to Cabo de la Vela, you must come to our Wiwa Tours main office and present the documentation. For the day we leave for the tour, it is not necessary to carry the identity document, at least take a copy of it.|
|To cancel or modify a confirmed reservation, you must contact us 24 hours before the start date of the Tour, and during working hours.|
|Once The Cabo de la Vela Tour begins, no refund of any kind is made.|