Trekking to the Indigenous Village of Mutanzhy
The Mutanzhy Village is a Kogui indigenous community, which is currently enabled but with some restrictions, is mostly made up of indigenous people who have been culturally conserved due to location. It is located in the high mountains of The Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta at 1,000 meters above sea level. Meet this magical town that has different mountain ecosystems and the most important thing that still preserves all its ancestral and cultural wealth and that allows its visitors to appreciate and know their way of life, their customs and rituals typical of a culture that has prevailed for more of a thousand years.
|PLACE OF DEPARTURE||Santa Marta, Colombia.|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive at 8:15 AM to the indicated meeting point for an early departure at 8:30 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||Approximately at 5:30 PM in the last day of the tour.|
Trekking to the Indigenous Village of Gotsezhy
Day 1 - Departure
Day 2 - Kogui Indigenous Community - Mutanzhy
Day 3 - Return
Note : The Itinerary the tour to the Indigenous Village Mutanzhy varies depending on the weather conditions and land transportation means.
Important Information for the Excursion to Mutanzhy Village
During this Trek to Mutanzhy Village you must respect the privacy of the Indigenous. We must not enter into their rooms or take pictures of them or their belongings without first asking them permission or talking with the guide to indicate what the protocol to follow is.
Carry only the essentials, since weight is a determining factor when walking, make sure you are in good physical condition, avoid drinking alcoholic beverages the day before and take back with you all trash to Santa Marta.
Do not damage natural or cultural assets. In the Mutanzhy Village and during the tour there is no mobile phone signal, so notify your family and friends that you can only get in touch with them once you return from your trekking experience.
During the day the weather is hot and humid, so we recommend wearing comfortable clothes, shirts and walking shorts; during the night the temperature drops to 14 C approximately and there are a lot of mosquitoes and other insects, it is important to wear long pants and long sleeves shirts to sleep and to use insect repellent.
What to take on the excursion to Gotsezhy Refuge.
|A small backpack.||Photographic camera.|
|Comfortable clothes for walking.||Resistant Sandals.|
|Walking shoes.||Hat or cap.|
|Biodegradable Toilet Tools.||A flashlight.|
|Swimsuit.||Plastic bags for moisture.|
|Personal medicines.||Vaccine against yellow fever.|
|To book this tour per person, a deposit of 20% of the total value of the tour is required, through our web payment gateway, the remaining 80% must be canceled at our Wiwa Tours office, the same day we leave for the Indigenous Community of Mutanzhy|
|As a fundamental requirement to book Tour to the Indigenous Community Mutanzhy, you must present your personal ID and passport in case of being a foreigner at our Wiwa Tour main office. It is not necessary to carry the identity document the day we leave for the tour. Just take at copy of it.|
|To cancel or modify a confirmed reservation, you must contact us 24 hours before the starting date of the Tour, during working hours.|
|Once The Indigenous Village Mutanzhy begins, no refund of any kind will be made.|