La Tagua Minca is an incredible ecological destination that combines culture and adventure where you can live one of the best experiences of your life in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta with Indigenous Guides.
La Tagua in recent years has become one of the main destinations in Colombia for endemic bird watching.
It is surrounded by mountains, coffee plantations, forests and indigenous settlements. Amazing viewpoints that will allow you to take fantastic pictures. If you enjoy hiking, you will love this new ancestral experience in a Tagua.
All this reflects the spectacular majesty of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
|DEPARTURE PLACE||Wiwa Tours Main Office in Santa Marta|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive early at the meeting point indicated for an early departure at approximately 8:00 AM.|
|RETURN TIME||At approximately 4:30 PM.|
|TOUR DURATION||1 Day.|
|TOTAL VALUE||The price of the Full Day at the Tagua is $100 USD per person.
In groups or families, there is a discount per person.
|IMPORTANT||If you wish to book this tour to Tagua Minca, please make a deposit of $20 USD, which corresponds to 20% of the total value of the tour ($80 USD).
Please note that the tour La Tagua Minca is a tour type excursion in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
Each traveler is responsible for their belongings, Wiwa Tours is not responsible for clothing or articles lost during the treks.
Remember that by buying a handicraft or souvenir, you will be supporting the local economy of the indigenous and peasant communities of the region.
All NATIONAL and FOREIGN travelers who wish to book the Tagua Tour in the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta, must present the COVID-19 Vaccination Card or Certificate at our office before starting the tour.
ITINERARY OF THE TOUR LA TAGUA MINCA
The tour La Tagua Minca starts at 8:00 am from your accommodation or from the main office of Wiwa Tours in Santa Marta.
The trip in the van takes approximately 1 hour from Santa Marta to the village of Minca.
Once in town, travelers can have breakfast and take a short City Tour in Minca, where they can visit the church and the main commercial activities of this rural region.
The excursion continues until reaching the great shield of Colombia in the Tagua, the most important tourist attraction of the region, located at 1600 meters above sea level, where you will find a temperate – cold climate.
Here tourists have lunch and enjoy the natural scenery at the Tagua viewpoint, where they can take the best pictures that contrast with the background of Ciénaga, part of Barranquilla and Santa Marta.
The excursion ends with an ancestral talk in a Wiwa Hut where the indigenous guide will explain part of the indigenous culture of the Sierra Nevada de Santa Marta.
Return to Santa Marta in the van to arrive at approximately 4:30 pm.
Note: The itinerary of the La Tagua Minca Tour may vary depending on weather conditions or means of ground transportation.
Important Information for the Tagua Minca Tour
During this tour to the Tagua – Minca, you must be responsible with the environment and not disturb the indigenous people’s homes without prior authorization.
Carry in your suitcase only the essentials, since weight is a determining factor when traveling, make sure you are in good physical condition, avoid drinking alcoholic beverages the day before and try to return all the garbage to Santa Marta.
During the tour there is no cell phone signal, so please inform your family and friends that you will only be able to communicate with them through the WiFi service of the Cabin La Tagua Minca.
What to bring to the Tour La Tagua, Minca
|A small backpack.||Photographic camera.|
|Comfortable clothes for walking.||Sturdy sandals.|
|Walking shoes.||Hat or cap.|
|Biodegradable Cleaning Tools.||Swimsuit.|
|Personal medicines.||Vaccine – Yellow Fever (optional).|
|To book this tour, a deposit of $20 USD per person, equivalent to 20% of the total value of the tour ($100 USD) through our web payment Gateway, the remaining 80% ($80 USD) is payable on the same day we leave Tour to La Tagua Minca.|
|The identity document is a fundamental requirement to reserve the Tour to the Tagua Colombia, for nationals, a copy of the personal identification card or passport in case of being a foreigner. For the day we go out on the tour, it is not necessary to bring your identity document, at least bring a copy of it.|
|To cancel or modify a confirmed reservation, you must contact us 48 hours before the start of the Tour, during business hours.|
|Once the Tagua Tour has started, no refunds of any kind will be made.|